HOLLYWOOD SPORTSBOOK HOLDINGS PROPRIETARY LIMITED
CUSTOMER PRIVACY NOTICE
1. PURPOSE OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This privacy notice explains how we collect, use, and process your personal information through your use of this website, including any information you may provide through this website when you register a Hollywoodbets account on our website. We will ensure that the personal information we collect from yourself is protected and processed carefully and responsibly.
It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal information about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your information. This privacy notice supplements other notices and privacy policies and is not intended to override them.
2. WHO IT APPLIES TO
This notice applies to all customers of the Hollywood Sportsbook Group of Companies, as well as other bookmaking operations which Hollywoodbets manages on behalf of other licensees (‘Hollywoodbets’). You can find a list of
the companies below.
We may need to update this privacy notice periodically and encourage you to check our privacy notice regularly so that you remain up to date on how we process and protect your personal information.
If you have any questions about this notice, please email us at email@example.com
Please note all customer and account queries that are unrelated to this privacy notice should be directed to
firstname.lastname@example.org and not to the email address noted above.
3. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND GENERATE
Personal information means any information about a natural or legal person from which that person can be identified. It does not include information where the identity has been removed (anonymous information).
We collect the personal information we require to register you as a customer and to communicate with you.
3.1 The following is the information we collect:
- contact information (e.g. title, name, address, email address, mobile number)
- identity document
- proof of address
- source of income
- banking details
- photographs and other visual images
- occupation and IP address
3.2 We generate information about you in the form of:
- betting records
- records of payments and withdrawals
- customer profiles
We do not collect any special categories of personal information about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union
membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric information).
4. WHEN AND WHY WE COLLECT AND PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
4.1 We process your personal information to meet our contractual obligations with you, as well as collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- let you register an account with us.
- process your bet when you submit a betting transaction offer.
- notify you of the outcome of your bet.
- process a payment you made or request a withdrawal from your account.
- reply when you contact us for support.
- investigate and resolve your query, complaint or request.
- administer a promotional competition you may have entered and deliver your prize if you win.
4.2 In some instances, we process your personal information because it is in our or your legitimate interest to do so. For example:
- We may monitor our premises with CCTV cameras to ensure your and our safety.
4.3 We are legally required to collect and process certain information, including:
- to identify and validate our customers and for purposes related to the prevention of financial crime, including sanctions screening, monitoring of anti-money laundering and financing of terrorist activities.
- to report suspicious activity on your account to the relevant authorities.
- to report to other governmental agencies, for example the South African Revenue Service.
When you register an account at Hollywoodbets you can choose if you want to receive promotional material from us. We may send you information about our services, products and promotional activities via the communication channels you
selected. You can unsubscribe at any time by following the unsubscribe link or by contacting us.
5. CHILDREN’S INFORMATION
You have to be 18 years or older to make use of our services.
When you register for an account we will ask you to confirm that you are 18 or older.
We do not knowingly collect the personal information of persons under 18 years of age.
6. WE ONLY SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH OTHERS WE TRUST
We only use service providers we trust and who have agreed to keep your personal information secure and confidential and to only use it for the purposes for which we shared it with them.
We use service providers to assist with the following:
- communicate with you
- verify your identity
- verify your address
- monitor the effectiveness of our services
- store information
- manage our business, for instance accountants and professional advisors
- provide IT services and infrastructure
Some of the service providers that we use may be located in other countries. These countries may not have the same levels of protection of personal information as South Africa, in which case the foreign service providers must undertake
to protect the personal information of our customers to the same level that we do.
We provide for appropriate safeguards by means of contracts between us and our foreign service providers. By using our website, you agree to not being notified of details regarding the level of protection afforded to your
information in the relevant country/countries.
We may be required to share your personal information with regulatory and law enforcement bodies.
7. REASONABLE STEPS TAKEN TO SAFEGUARD YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information against the following:
- unauthorised access;
- or other misuse.
These steps include password protection for electronic files, securing paper files and physical access restrictions. We will continuously review our security controls and processes to ensure that security risks are identified and
If something should happen, we will take the necessary steps to minimise the threat to your privacy and we will let you know if your personal information has been compromised. We will also let you know how you can help minimise
the impact of a breach.
8. WE DO NOT KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION LONGER THAN WE NEED TO
We will not keep your personal information longer than we need to unless we are legally required to do so. We take legal requirements, contractual obligations and the expectations and requirements of our customers into account when we
determine how long we should retain information. When we no longer need your personal information we will securely delete or destroy it in line with the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA) requirements.
9. CHANGES TO THE PRIVACY NOTICE AND YOUR DUTY TO INFORM US OF CHANGES
We keep our privacy notice under regular review, and therefore encourage you to check our privacy notice regularly so that you remain up to date on how we process and protect your personal information.
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your relationship with us.
10. IF YOU FAIL TO PROVIDE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Where we need to collect personal information by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that information when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter
into with you (for example, to allow you to place a bet). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
11. ACCESS AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to:
- be notified that your personal information is being collected;
- be notified of security compromises where reasonable grounds exist for us to believe that your personal information has been accessed or acquired by an unauthorised person;
- ask us what we know about you and request access to such information; ask what personal information was sent to our service providers or any other third party;
- ask us to update, correct or delete any out-of-date or incorrect personal information we hold about you;where it is inaccurate, irrelevant, excessive, out of date, incomplete, misleading or obtained unlawfully;
- unsubscribe from any direct marketing communications we may send you and object to the processing of your personal information;
- request us to delete or remove your personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process, although this will be subject to Hollywoodbets requiring the information for legal and legitimate reasons;
- request restrictions on processing of your personal information;
- withdraw your consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal information;
submit a complaint to the Information Regulator. You have the right to submit a complaint to the Information Regulator regarding an alleged interference with the protection of your personal information. However, please note that
until POPIA is in force, the Information Regulator does not have the power to enforce your protection under POPIA;
You can request access to the personal information we hold about you or correct your personal information. It can take us up to 21 days to respond to your request due to procedures that we are required to follow. In certain cases, we
may require proof of your identity and sometimes changes to your personal information may be subject to additional requirements such as valid proof of residence. Please see below our contact details for our deputy information
Mr Suren Rampersadh
Mrs Chanelle Beukes
Mr Rowan Cross
Mr Adheesh Maharaj
Deputy Information Officers
087 353 8930
PO Box 74234, Rochdale Park, 4034
6 Tetford Circle, Umhlanga, Durban, 4320
12. DOCUMENT METADATA
Document approval by:
Document approval date:
03 December 2020
Next review date:
LIST OF GROUP COMPANIES
This customer privacy notice incorporates Hollywood Sportsbook Holdings (Pty) Ltd (“Hollywood”) and the following related entities in which Hollywood has a direct or indirect interest:
- Hollywood Sportsbook Gauteng (Pty) Ltd
- Hollywood Sportsbook KwaZulu-Natal (Pty) Ltd
- Hollywood Sportsbook Western Cape (Pty) Ltd
- Hollywood Sportsbook Eastern Cape (Pty) Ltd
- Hollywood Sportsbook Limpopo (Pty) Ltd
- Hollywood Sportsbook Mpumalanga (Pty) Ltd
- Hollywood Sportsbook Free State (Pty) Ltd
- Hollywood Sportsbook Northern Cape (Pty) Ltd
- Hollywood Sportsbook North West (Pty) Ltd
- Krugerbets (Pty) Ltd
- Nemacron (Pty) Ltd
- MHS Betting Mirror (Pty) Ltd
- Ngunezi Racing and Sport (Pty) Ltd
- Keith McLean trading as Newcastle Tattersalls
- C Legassick t/a Powabet
- Albert Noel trading as Noel’s Surebet
- DS Singh trading as Allandale Pub and Punter
- DS Singh trading as Dukwah’s TAB Agency
This list may be updated from time to time. Hollywoodbets will not notify you of changes of this nature. Please ensure you consult the latest Hollywoodbets customer privacy notice at the time you engage with any
Hollywoodbets company or related entity. The latest customer privacy notice will be available at www.hollywoodbets.net or on request.